The Plants for Pantries Program is a new initiative being designed by Pete Planisek and Wes Parmer to help engage more community members in the fight to stop hunger in Central Ohio.
Every year thousands of community members plant some sort of garden. What would happen if you donated even a portion of your crop to a local food pantry, soup kitchen, or food bank? It’s a simple idea that you can use to make a real difference in your community today!
The goals of this program are:
- Encourage more people to plant gardens.
- Increase the amount of fresh produce local residents donate to local food pantries, etc.
- Inform people of fresh produce donation procedures (see links below) at your local food pantry, etc.
- To help expose food pantry users to simple recipes that use fresh produce. Click here for a simple recipe source.
- To provide resources about how to store and preserve fresh produce.
Make a difference today
To learn more about how easy it is to start a garden click here.
To learn more about the issue of hunger click here.
Click on any of the links below to see when and how you can donate to area food pantries or here for a more comprehensive list for Columbus and Central Ohio:
Help us GROW a healthier community today!
*Please note that this is a new project; one that we hope will steadily broaden in scope. Share this page and check back as we expand the resources available as we meet with more community organizations and individuals. Thanks in advance.